Susan Kelly ESL Teacher
871 222 1156
A focused and result oriented teacher. I teach foreign students English as a second language and so far I have been successful in making my students confident, eager and fluent English speakers. I have knowledge of psychology and language teaching which makes me a good teacher. I can understand the lack of confidence as well as the grammatical problems that students face and through hard work and innovation I have been able to remove these problems with all of my students. I wish to continue enabling people to speak English and become a part of the global English speaking community.
The SSS Academy
Partner- ESL Teacher (Feb 2012 to Present) 8 Years & 8 Months
• Responsible for teachng immigrants English language. I emphasize on understanding thought process that lads to better communication skills and better English Knowledge. • I was also responsible for designing papers, assignments and keep every student captivated in class.
ESL Teacher (Apr 2009 to Jan 2012) 2 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for preparing outline for class and creating discussion groups. • I was also responsible for creating innovative work assignments for the groups to hold discussions about. • I was in charge of exam preparation, worksheets and readers. I ensured that each student got a chance to present themselves before class and talk about their own language, in English.
The Long Course School
ESL Teacher Assistant (Jan 2001 to Mar 2009) 8 Years & 2 Months
• Responsible for observing the teacher conduct classes and preare worksheets and reading material upon her request. • I was also in charge of collecting assignments and then checkig the sections that focus on confidence and body language.
Masters English Literature(1999 - 2001)
Women's College for Special Subjects
Bachelors in Psyhology and English Language(1995 - 1999)
A good student
GCE Advanced Level(1993 - 1995)
Grades A, A+. Subjects: English Literature, Language and Sociology.
Awarded Best ESL Teacher
The British Council awarded me as the Best ESL Teacher due to increased number of immigrants registration.
Graduation of 10 students
During a class, all ten of my students were able to speak and understand the language.
- Grammar and Tenses
- Confidence Building
- Style and Accent
- Pronunciation and Phonetics
- Thought Process
- Preparing Exams
- Reading Material
- Assessment Reports
- English Literature
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Learned European languages like German and French to communicate with the majority of immigrants to the UK.
- Currently learning Italian and Norweign as well.
- Patience to deal with students who do not understand English language at all.