Jon Burns Bakery Worker
Passionate about cooking and baking with the ability to create new items, I have worked as a bakery worker for several years. During this time, I have learnt to follow instructions and keep a uniform working style while maintaining my individuality and creating different bakery items. I am punctual, dedicated and very focused and I dream of becoming an experienced chef someday. For this dream, I can work in challenging and tough situations to improve my style and skill. I wish to be able to achieve my goal through hard work and learning.
Bakery Worker (Jun 2016 to Present) 4 Years & 4 Months
• I am responsible for assisting the baker with all item preparations. • I am a pastry decoration expert and have also mastered the skill of completing work in less time. • My duties include mixing of ingredients, beating batters and preparing different kinds of bakery items. I decorate several items on a daily basis.
Wellington Cafe Bakery
Bakery Worker (Feb 2011 to May 2016) 5 Years & 3 Months
• I was responsible for starting the bakery work every morning. I was in charge of heating the ovens and beating up the butter and different ingredients that were needed for the bakery items on the cafe's list. • I was in charge of cleaning and handling the junior staff. • I assisted the baker in mixing ingredients, preparation of decorations and baking items.
Bakery Worker (Apr 2009 to Jan 2011) 1 Year & 9 Months
• I was responsible for assembling the daily required ingredients. • From sifting flour to beating and then decorating the final items was my duty. • I helped with all kinds of work that the baker instructed. I prepared icings, batters and cut fruits in decorative shapes.
Monte Carlo Hotel Bakery
Bakery Assistant (Jan 2008 to Mar 2009) 1 Year & 2 Months
• I was hired as an apprentice but later was signed as an employee. • My responsibilities included assembling ingredients and checking that all the fresh products received were fresh and according to the hotel standards. • I was also responsible for following the instructions of the baker to mix, blend and prepare ingredients. • Cleaning the work table after the day was also my duty.
School of Culinary Art
Diploma-Baking and Icing(2007 - 2008)
Ford School for Boys
GCE Advanced Level(2005 - 2007)
An average student of sciences and art.
St. Valentine's Day
I was part of the Wellington Cafe Team that took part in the Valentine's Fair in 2011. We made different bakery items according to the theme and colors of the Fair. I remained at work for the whole week before the Fair to prepare for it. I was given a bonus for my services.
As a student I participated in several bake sales and it was these sales that made me consider bakery work as a profession.
- Preparing Icings
- Assembling Ingredients
- Daily Menu Follow-Ups
- Speedy Work
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Creating and Decorating
- Head Baker Assistance
- Mixing and Blending
- Checking Quality
- Careful Measuring
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I took a course from the renowned School of Culinary Art.
- It was a year long course that taught the use of all kitchen equipment and the basics of baking.
- I then joined the Monte Carlo Hotel Bakery for apprenticeship.