Delson Grove Buyer
Purchasing buyer with ability to take quick decisions and maintain the company's profits and interests as priority. I am hard working, detail oriented and always in search of better raw materials and products to associate with as a company. I have worked long hours in building good rapport and handling the vendors from different countries in order to contribute positively for the company's profits. I wish to work at a senior position and ensure that my knowledge as buyer is utilized to maximize profits and company growth.
Buyer (Jun 2013 to Present) 7 Years & 7 Months
• I am responsible for buying different household materials from China and other countries. • I negotiate with vendors and get legal documents made for the purchase. I also ensure that all stock is delivered under insurance. • It is my duty to check every piece of inventory. I am the sole buyer dealing with China for the supermarket.
Mandy's Supermarket and Groceries
Buyer (Feb 2011 to May 2013) 2 Years & 3 Months
• Dealt with buying the crockery, cutlery and other household goods. • I was a responsible buyer known for negotiating and dealing with vendors for swift delivery.
Buyer (Apr 2009 to Jan 2012) 2 Years & 9 Months
• I worked only three years but learnt a great deal about consumer goods. • I was responsible for dealing with international dairy vendors especially in the Netherlands. I • I was in charge of traveling, finding vendors and discussing trade clauses with them. I was also in charge of negotiating and managing good relations with them.
Buying Assistant (Mar 2003 to Mar 2009) 6 Years
• I was responsible for accompanying the buyers and settling deals with vendors for the supermarket. • I was in charge of negotiation and correspondence with the vendors that were shortlisted. • I was responsible for checking the quality of the inventory and matching it with the samples that were always received earlier.
London Business School
BS (Business Management)(1994 - 1998)
A good student.
College of Sciences
High School Diploma(1992 - 1994)
A good student.
I travel to China almost every three months. I have so far added a wide range of products to our super markets all over the United States. All the Chinese inventory is arranged by me. I visit China, negotiate deals and arrange for shipping as well.
I traveled to Netherlands recently to order and regulate supply of dairy products such as old cheese and milk blocks.
- Customer Relations
- Interpersonal Relations
- Legal Documentation
- Finding Deals and Bargains
- Managing inventories
- Computer Proficiency
- Pleasant Communication
- Detailed Documentation
- Market Research
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I learnt Mandarin in order to communicate with the Chinese vendors.
- As part of the super market business I was a regular visitor to China and had several vendors dealing with us.
- I also learnt Dutch in order to communicate with Dutch vendors, but can only converse little.