Derek Baldwin Compliance Officer
871 222 1156
Compliance officer with excellent knowledge of exports and imports. I have been associated with the textile industry for a long time therefore I have enough knowledge and experience to help different companies that require knowledge of export policy or import regulations. I wish to work in a different industry so that it gives me a chance to polish my skills further and help bigger established organizations to promote business.
Erin Textile Company
Compliance Officer (Jun 2014 to Present) 7 Years & 6 Months
• I manage and monitor the compliance reports and ensure that company business does not come under any violation. • The contract deliverables are kept in mind while negotiating with clients. I also train a team of managers. • Supervision of all company matters and dealings with clients is my duty. The company rules and regulations for franchise business is also supervised by me.
Compliance Officer (Feb 2011 to May 2014) 3 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for solving all the violations that had occurred in the country before 2011. • I was in charge of researching the trends of trade so that the textile clients of the company did not have any issues with purchases. I was also responsible for the legal documentation after negotiations of trade. I had to be present in the meetings with clients so that the deal was according to the company and export policies. • The quota allocation set by the government had to be kept in mind before dealing with clients of the South East Asian region.
Compliance Officer (Apr 2007 to Jan 2011) 3 Years & 9 Months
• I worked for a short while but ensured that all paper work was transferred to computer database. • I was responsible for ensuring that the company agreements and purchase of material from other countries was done according to government policies of import. • I was responsible for reducing paperwork and shifting to database, which reduced not only cost but also ensured an organized system.
Compliance Assistant (Jan 2002 to Mar 2007) 5 Years & 2 Months
• Responsible for supervising all export and import projects to ensure that federal regulations are not violated. • While dealing with foreign companies, I checked all legal documentation in order to verify that the agreement or contract was being done according to the rules. • Resolved the corporate lending complains, which were hindering business and profitability.
MS Federal Policies and trade(1999 - 2001)
BS (Business Management)(1995 - 1999)
High School(1993 - 1995)
Reduced files and paperwork by introducing computer paperwork.
- Policy and Regulations
- Federal Rules
- Customs Information
- Market Rules
- Market Competition
- Sales Suggestions
- Compliance Codes
- Industrial Progress
- Latest Trends
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Limited Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Trained employees for compliance. It was to ensure that all managers also have the basic information about federal and trade rules.