Fartash Haghani Software Developer/ Data Engineer/ Data Scientist
I am a full stack software developer with deep passion for Big Data, Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Cloud Computing. Beside that, I mentor developers, data analysts, product owners form companies such as Shell, KFC, Petronas, Felda Prodata and many other startups in field of programming and data science at Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (Magic) and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). Currently, I’m working as Data Scientist and Senior Developer at Mindvalley, where I get the chance to build scalable systems mostly with python and node.js to convert data into products.
Senior Developer (Mar 2015 to Mar 2017) 2 Years
• Lead BI team to choose best tools and techniques to extract information and visualize data. • Designed and developed data warehousing solution to aggregate sells and marketing data. • Took initiative to build user based push notification system by taking advantage of AWS lambda and SNS.Took initiative to build user based push notification system by taking advantage of AWS lambda and SNS.Took initiative to build user based push notification system by taking advantage of AWS lambda and SNS.
Senior Developer (Sep 2013 to Mar 2015) 1 Year & 6 Months
• Designed and developed various solutions including POCs for StartUp projects in an agile manner. • Integrated high volume web application with payment gateway and remittance system • Conducted code reviews to maintain code quality and best practices.
KHEIABAN COMPUTER CENTER (KHCC)
Developer (Jan 2011 to Sep 2013) 2 Years & 8 Months
• Developed and maintained NLP and machine learning algorithms to cluster and summarize research papers. • Conducted various training sessions for clients. • Developed social media integrator tool by adapting Service Oriented Architecture Approach.
Developer / Lecturer (Mar 2007 to Nov 2008) 1 Year & 8 Months
CTO (Apr 2017 to Present) 4 Years & 8 Months
• a • b • c
University Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Master of Computer Science (MSC)(2011 - 2013)
Bachelor of Software Engineering with first class honors. (BSC)(2009 - 2011)
Serverless Push Notification System
Integrable, user based, and flexible push notification system by using AWS SNS, RDS, Lambda, and API Gateway. The system provides; - easy integration with any user management system. - Authentication and Authorization with Auth0. - Send notification to user (multiple devices, multiple platform) not only single device. - Schedule notification. - Flexible user segmentation. - Comprehensive API to manage notification system. http://bit.ly/2cZl4Tx
ETL and OLAP System
ETL app is responsible to extract data from different data sources (Facebook, google, bing, internal Ecommerce system, etc) and associate the sales information with marketing information. The OLAP part provides a very flexible interface to generate complicated reports. All reports provides actionable insights for business and traffic team to implement and setup better marketing strategy.
Natural Language Question Answering system
System built on top of IBM Watson API to provide Q&A system for Mindvalley Courses. System accepts a plain text/pdf and convert them to Q&A units, it used this units to train the classifier. users a re able to train a system by providing feedback to system answers.
API Repository is a hosting site for worldwide developers APIs. Repository users have access to all APIs and they are able to call and executes APIs through the Repository website or their own app. In addition, system provides comprehensive financial and API’s usage reports for users.
VIP tracking system
Project design to reduce the waiting time behind traffic light for VIP and emergency vehicles. System calculates the distance between vehicles and traffic lights and send signal to all traffic lights in the path of vehicle and keeps them green until vehicle pass the traffic light. Users are communicating with system through the mobile application and system control the traffic lights by using embedded Raspberry Pies.
- Flask, Cherrypy, Django
- Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Nltk
- Gevent, Twisted
- Celery, Rabbitmq, Huginn
- MySQL,Postgresql, Mongo, Redis
- AWS;RDS, Elsatic, Redshift
- AWS;S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway
- AWS;SNS, Transcoder
- AWS Beanstalk, Docker, Fabric
- IBM Bluemix, Azure
- Data Analysis
- Data Engineering
- Machine Learning
- SQL / NOSQL
Full Working Proficiency
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth