Laurel Simon Executive Chef
871 222 1156
Experienced chef with the love of presenting quality, style and goodness of nature on a single palate in the most innovative way. I am currently the executive chef at a leading hotel restaurant. I prepare every new item with dedication and the result is always amusing. I wish to to be able to make a place for myself among the top chefs of cosmopolitan cities who have earned accolades to prove their skill.
Urban Eatery and Bar Restaurant
Executive Chef (Jun 2016 to Present) 3 Years & 5 Months
• I am responsible for maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen place. The duties of kitchen workers are assigned by me. • I work on new menu items and coordinate with the beverage and liquor suppliers to ensure that the stock is always full. • I follow the instructions of head chef to prepare for special events and booked caterings from the restaurant.
Executive Chef (Feb 2012 to May 2016) 4 Years & 3 Months
• From ordering ingredients and food items to checking quality of the final menu item was my responsibility. • I patronized kitchen teams and used creative menu items to add to the weekly specials. • I also worked on the seasonal menu and ensured that every service was in order to meet the hotel standards. I was responsible for working with different chefs to create special items for events.
Chef (Apr 2009 to Jan 2012) 2 Years & 9 Months
• Worked for a short time to learn about the fast food industry and experience kitchen work at high speed. • My duty was to check the steak preparation and service. I checked that all food leaving the kitchen was absolutely perfect. • I prepared new marinades and new menu items which became a part of the final menu after the chief's acceptance. • I maintained a team of kitchen workers and also participated in the Empire Hotel Festival for their 80th anniversary.
Chef (Jan 2002 to Mar 2009) 7 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for buying kitchen stock and ensuring that every ingredient bought was of best quality. • I was also in charge of planning menus and explaining the Head Chef's instructions to all kitchen teams. • I maintained hygiene and ensured that every kitchen worker completed their job within the given time and with excellence.
Nottingham Culinary School
Degree-Culinary Arts(1999 - 2001)
Excellent course for a career in culinary arts.
Bachelors-Food and Nutrition(1995 - 1999)
High School(1993 - 1995)
A good student.
Best Chef Team
Won the best team award from Empire Hotel in New York. I was assigned a special chef for the hotel's anniversary festival and my team and I were appreciated by the award and certificate of excellent service.
I won the Best Chef award at the Millennium Cooking Festival in California.
- Food Preparation
- Developing Recipes
- Innovation of New Flavors
- Creating New Things
- Staff Management
- Kitchen Hygiene
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I have trained several kitchen helpers, presenters and palate designers.
- I have also worked for kitchen renewals and maintained high standards of food presentation.
- I have trained chefs and pastry makers to follow instructions for the different needs in the kitchen.