Howard Richmond Journalist
871 222 1156
A journalist's job is to report news as it happens without coloring it with their own opinion. I have contributed some powerful pieces and written columns about eye-opening issues and it has won me not just fame but also exposure to do better. I wish to work for a publication that promotes true news and reporting. The organization must also encourage freedom of speech so that I can bring the change with my columns; that we wish to see in the society today.
Senior Journalist (Jun 2015 to Present) 5 Years & 7 Months
• Responsible for correspondence with state spokesmen to record interviews and conduct talk shows. • Scheduling interviews and holding talks with people concerned with the current affairs under discussion.
News Line Daily
Assistant Marketing Manager (Feb 2011 to May 2015) 4 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for creating new stories for the Foreign News page, main source being foreign press. • Writing daily column for the editorial pages. Answering people's questions related to my work was a common task.
The Bay Area Daily
Journalist (Apr 2003 to Jan 2011) 7 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for creating news submitted by reporters. The news had to be verified from office sources as well. • I was also looking after news selection from international services and press releases and conferences. • I was also responsble for looking after the page layout with special attention to the lead, sub-lead and anchor positions.
Journalist Intern (Jan 2002 to Mar 2003) 1 Year & 2 Months
• A short internship to understand and get used to the working manner of newspaper. I was responsible for re-writing all news submitted by the Wire Services like AP, AFP and Reuters. • I was also responsible for re-checking the statistics mentioned in each news with other sources. • All daily news was to be archived in a folder for the journalists to view later.
Santa Clara University
Diploma Print and Digital Media Productions(2004 - 2005)
An additional course to understand the professional side of journalism.
Bay View University
Bachelors Journalism(1996 - 2000)
An excellent student with Dean's Honor.
Santa Clara High
High School Degree(1995 - 1996)
An exceptional student with multiple awards in English writing and language.
Won an award for reporting news and writing good pieces about the effects of global warming and current affairs.
I earned a spot on local news channel for reviewing domestic news and interviewing the local heroes.
- Event Coverage
- English Newspaper Study
- Column Writing
- Writing Styles
- Press Club Membership
- Journalism Seminars
- MS Office
- Computer Programs
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Won several essay and prose writing competitions in school
- Collected newspapers for ten years and created a small library for neighborhood
- Won the Dean's Honor at University