Eric Winsworth Library Assistant
871 222 1156
Responsible, knowledgeable and efficient librarian assistant with a passion for books. Having experience of ten years in the field of handling and managing books, reader queries and assisting with management. I wish to continue working in a similar set-up where organization and dedication are key qualities. I have been managing my duties with care and will be able to handle stressful work with passion.
The Central Library
Library Assistant (Apr 2010 to Present) 10 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for arranging books in shelves and updating the catalogues and kiosks. I am in charge of the borrowing procedure. • Verifying borrower's information and membership validity before issuing the book is my duty. I have to maintain the log of books borrowed each day. • I am also responsible for assisting the librarian with all the library functions such as operating printers, maintaining discipline and checking that all the shelves are clean and in order. • I am responsible for getting the computer systems checked regularly. The shelves and newspaper archives have to be sorted out and organized each day and is a part of my duties.
UK College Library
Assistant Librarian (Jan 2001 to Mar 2010) 9 Years & 2 Months
• I was chosen as librarian immediately after my Bachelors programme. It was a temporary job but I got promoted and my job was also contracted by the college board. • I was responsible for reminding students who had borrowed books and not returned them by the due date. • I returned the books to shelves and updated the catalogues accordingly. My duty was to assist the librarian with the bulletin board updates and the arrangements at the reception. • I was responsible for answering queries of the students who came in to study or borrow books. • I was awarded for good service during the temporary contract period and based on my performance I was made a permanent employee.
BS (Business Management)(1997 - 2001)
GCE Advanced Level(1995 - 1997)
Grade A. Subjects; English Literature, Business Studies.
Library Assistant Chosen
I was chosen as a substitute library assistant by the manager due to librarian taking leave. I was trained by the senior manager and three months, I was made a permanent employee by the board.
After the extension of the world affairs and History department of the library, we rearranged the shelves. I took part in the arrangements and hence gained more knowledge about the library management.
- Customer Relations
- Replacing Books
- Ordering New Stock
- Borrowing Procedure
- Staff Supervision
- Team Work
- Instructions Follow Up
- Bulletin Board Updates
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Became the senior editor for school magazine.
- Wrote regularly for the college magazine and also won several prizes for creative pieces in the yearly magazine.
- Selected writer for the college Annual Dinner event coverage.