Laura Joyce Mental Health Counselor
Empathetic and very humble mental health counselor. Always ready to help people with mental illnesses and conditions that may result in life changes. I always tell my patients that I am there for them and when I am able to help them, it makes me feel blessed. I wish to continue my work as a counselor as my skills and expertise can benefit many people.
Mental Health Clinics
Mental Health Counselor (Jun 2015 to Present) 6 Years & 6 Months
• I look after the patients who come through appointments. • I help them with behavior issues as well as some circumstantial problems which lead to stress and emotional trauma. • My duty is to patiently help people through healthy therapy sessions and meditations.
Mental Health Counselor (Feb 2012 to May 2015) 3 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for providing therapy to mentally ill. I was in charge of admitting and helping patients. In case medication had to be prescribed, I referred the patients to the most qualified psychiatrists. • I was responsible for handling the delicate cases and ensuring that the patients felt better after sessions. • It was my duty to calm down patients and control their behavior. Providing help while remaining within the hospital rules and regulations was my duty.
Sir Williams Clinics
Mental Health Counselor (Apr 2009 to Jan 2012) 2 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for admitting patients with mental illnesses and assessing their situation. • I was in charge of individual as well as group therapy sessions. I was mainly involved with patients who had anger issues and harmed themselves. • I was successful in reducing patient follow ups and also introduced workshops to combat increasing depression and anger issues among young people.
Mental Health Counselor (Jan 2004 to Mar 2009) 5 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for meeting the patients in the general ward. • At the hospital, most patients were underprivileged, depressed and troubled. My job was to meet them, talk to them and identify their problems for them. Providing a solution and helping them come out of depression or mental stress was my duty. • I was responsible for timing each patient's session and ensuring that they felt better as the appointment was over.
London School of Economics
MS (Clinical Psychology)(2001 - 2003)
BS (Psychology)(1997 - 2001)
GCE Advanced Level(1995 - 1997)
Grade A. Sociology, Business, Sciences.
Workshop for Illnesses
Spoke at the seminar for mental illness and how to cope with it.
Participated in an awareness campaign for depression. I spoke to women, men and even children about depression, its symptoms and how to deal with it.
- Customer Relations
- Medical Help
- Psycho Analysis
- Behavior Studies
- Couple Therapy
- Brain Exercises
- Time Management
- Emotional Advise
- Stress Management
- Data Analysis
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Attended seminars of mind sciences and metaphysics.
- Conference for Psychosocial Problem of the 21st Century.