Tony Alpen Optician
Detail oriented and experienced optician with customer service skills. I am well trained to attend customers, fit lenses and test eye-sight. I am a hard worker and am organized which makes me a favorable optician for several customers. I wish to work in a better environment where I can learn more and work on my skills to improve the style of work and deliver better.
Owner/Optician (Jun 2012 to Present) 10 Years & 6 Months
• I look after the insurance policies of customers and offer the best treatments in terms of glasses and lenses for them. • I also look after the expenses and shop stock. • I have been able to attract several regular customers and have a wide range of designer and non-branded products. I offer all services including eye sight testing, cornea testing, cataract glasses and lenses.
See and Believe
Optician (Feb 2009 to May 2012) 3 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for taking eye measurements such as cornea distance and dilation of pupil. • I was also in charge of fixing lenses in glasses frames and assigning different tasks for junior opticians. • I was responsible for showing powered lenses and other range of products at the shop to customers and help them decide what to buy.
Optician (Apr 2005 to Jan 2009) 3 Years & 9 Months
• I completed a short customer care course and joined the company. • I was responsible for looking after the customer orders and fixing lenses in glasses. I was also responsible for checking the eye sight and measuring pupil dilation for customers and then designing their powered lenses on the optical machine. • I was often appreciated for my quick service.
Intern (Jan 2003 to Dec 2004) 1 Year & 11 Months
• Completed two years of training and internship to learn about optics. • It was a good experience as I was responsible for testing eye sight of customers. • I was also responsible for making them decide the frames they wanted to buy and then help them with the lens fitting. It was a learning period for me.
College of Sciences and Management
BS (Business Management)(1998 - 2002)
High School Diploma(1996 - 1998)
Excellent student with interpersonal skills.
Boosted sales by excellent customer service and free trials and testing campaigns. My shop was famous for speedy deliveries of glasses and powered lenses.
Increased product range by offering customers aesthetic optics such as designer sun glasses and frames. I also offered special colored lenses on discounts to attract customers.
- Customer Relations
- Eye Testing
- Computer Proficiency
- Lens Check
- Eye Glass Fixing
- Pupil Measurement
- Lens Power
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Completed a course for customer service. I have also completed training for optics.
- The former was a comprehensive course teaching me about how to deal with customers, answer their queries and provide quality service.
- The optics course was to learn about eye glasses, testing and following the proper method of lens fixing and framing. I learnt about the different reasons of short sightedness and worked with opticians to learn how to design lens and fix them.