Melanie Dawson Primary Teacher
A dedicated educationist with experience of handling little children and teaching the primary classes. I have been teaching grade 4 for more than eight years now. Every grade has it's own requirements and I try to perform my duties in a way that children learn new concepts and also develop a confident and secure personality which will become a well-rounded adult as they grow up. I am hard working and focused and have so far helped many children with achieving not just grades but also a strong footing in every subject and extracurricular activity at school.
Grade 4 Teacher (Feb 2016 to Present) 4 Years & 8 Months
• I teach grade 4 children and also ensure that they learn more out of the books than from them! • My concepts are to make children understand everything so well that they do not need to revise it. Grade 4 is the basic class and I ensure that all students walk out of the class with clear concepts and understanding. • I prepare reports cards and give each student grades on the weekly or monthly assignments and quizzes.
Grade 4 Teacher (Apr 2012 to Jan 2016) 3 Years & 9 Months
• I worked four years for the school and provided an overall teaching experience to the students. • From class work to home work designing and workseeths to tests and quizzes, I was in charge of every academic activity. • Moreover, I was responsible for making children participate in every extra curricular to find their own forte and excel in sports, drama and debates. I also supervised the classes after school for ensuring that each student was given a fair chance to try all activities.
Sunshing Primary Academy
Primary Teacher (Jan 2009 to Mar 2012) 3 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for making class assignments and worksheets of all subjects for grade 4. • I was responsible for teaching the grade 4 students all basic subjects. It was school policy to introduce Science and secondary subjects through a special course called Practicals. • We conducted interesting experiments to explain different science, geography and social studies to the students.
Las Vegas College
BS (Education)(1994 - 1998)
A good student.
High School Diploma(1992 - 1994)
A good student.
Annual Parents' Day
I was awarded for excellent preparations and selection for the annual functions' performance by grade 4. I was given the Best Teacher for Performance on PD for three years.
I was appreciated and given a bonus for teaching my class in a way that the whole class scored above 90th percentile in the tests designed by the external student program.
- Child Nurturing
- Activity Designs
- Worksheet Compilations
- Class Discussions
- Trust Building
- Child Psychology
- Reward and Appreciation Systems
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I accompanied Grade 10 students to Los Angeles for four days.
- It was a school trip and the supervisors were selected by the school administration.
- I was chosen due to my responsible and dutiful outlook.