Jonathan Black Private Tutor
871 222 1156
Responsible, detail oriented and results driven private tutor with experience of more than two decades. I specialize in Mathematics, British History and English literature. I have taught students to excel in academics while making them eloquent and knowledgeable about the word we live in. Geography, Science and Ecology have also been a part of my study plans and as I have taught many children; my own knowledge has also increased about psychology. I wish to continue this process of imparting knowledge while learning more!
Self Employed (Apr 1996 to Present) 25 Years & 8 Months
• Responsible for visiting students and teaching them the subjects they need help in. I maintain workbooks and teach from my own books, without following the same curriculum as school. • Use of own books is for the benefit of students, so they can understand the subject beyond the outlines of the book. • I have been able to teach all subjects to children of middle and high school. So far, all my students have been able to get excellent grades since they learn the subject well. After the curriculum from tution books is finished, I revise the school course with children so they remain ahead of their school class and have a solid understanding of the subjects. • I also note my students' weak points and help them become stronger at them. I have helped several shy students gain confidence and speak eloquently. • Speaking skills, mannerism and social interaction are some of the things I work on with my students. Apart from curriculum, we discuss world affairs and geography. History of the British Empire and Europe are also discussed so that my students have good general knowledge.
New London School
English Teacher (Jan 1993 to Mar 1996) 3 Years & 2 Months
• Responsible for teaching classes 7-9. I was responsible for outlining the subject curriculum and then planning the annual assignments and assessments course. • It was a humbling experience but did not allow any one-on-one time with the students.
Bachelors English History(1992 - 1996)
Excellent student with good public speaking skills.
St. Peter School
GCE Advanced Level(1990 - 1992)
Grade A, Subject Mathematics, English Literature.
Participation in National Day
Spoke at a convention at the National Day Event and spoke in the presence of the Prime Minister.
I was selected as a committee member for the British Library English Department. I wrote a book about the history of the library.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Academic Layout
- Time Management
- Test Preparations
- Worksheets and Reference Reading
- Weak Academics Relearning
- Writing Skills
- Public Speaking
- Current Curriculum
- School Course Knowledge
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Learnt French and Portuguese. French course was completed in six months but I had to leave the Portuguese course due to employment issues.