Laura Nixon Procurement Engineer
871 222 1156
I have proved to be efficient and budget-conscious during the past decade of working as a procurement engineer. It has been my duty to facilitate while keeping in mind that lesser prices and better deals are needed always. This aim has been met with good relations with stockists and manufacturers. My amicable personality and good negotiation skills have helped me become a better professional. I want to work for a company where my skills can be improved further and in turn, the company benefits from it too.
Reliable Technologies Ltd
Procurement Head (Jun 2015 to Present) 5 Years & 4 Months
• Responsible for overseeing procurement and supplier policies. I keep a check on quality, quantity and proper budgeting of manufactured parts and equipment. Procurement of machinery and other equipment is my duty. I hold meeting with supliers and negotiate terms with them. I also look after the reasons of increase or decrease in product quantity. These figures are then with production teams of the company. • The maintainance of machinery and proper follow ups are part of my duties.
Procurement Engineer (Feb 2011 to May 2015) 4 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for communication with suppliers and ensuring timely deliveries. Overseas travel and meetings with manufacturers was also my responsibility. I looked after the quantity check as well as the Quality Assurance team to ensure that all technological supplies were worth the price and not sub-standard. • It was my responsibility to assign tasks to the procurement team embers. Supervising their meetings and work was also part of my job. I was awarded for keeping a good team and being able to reduce cost by a wide margin.
CompSys Technologies Ltd.
Procurement Engineer (Apr 2009 to Jan 2013) 3 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for solely increasing supplier base due to fair and apt dealings. Was the first procurement engineer to launch a report for policies and rules. The implementation of agreements with suppliers was also carried out by me. Was responsible for singly cutting the cost of procurement supplies. Silicon parts and computer system accessories were outsourced from China due to lower costs. I was also responsible for successfully carrying out payment transactions without any delay or additional cost. • Responsible for checking quality and setting quantity limits with suppliers.
States Health Care Department
Procurement Team Member (Aug 2003 to Mar 2009) 5 Years & 7 Months
• Was a part of the team that communicated with suppliers and manufacturers to supply medical equipment to the clinics. • Negotiation and dealing with suppliers about quantitative changes was part of my duties. The team had to ensure that all equipment procured was of good quality and sample checks were made of all the pharmaceutical supplies.
University of Advanced Studies
Diploma Application of Subjects in Careers(2001 - 2003)
An additional course in Industrial Engineering and its applications in terms of career building
Graduate and Post Graduate College
Bachelors Industrial Engineering(1997 - 2001)
Tulips High School
High School Degree(1995 - 1997)
An exceptional student since early age.
Saved $32,000 during first year through negotiation
Effectively dealt with suppliers and negotiated terms and renewed contracts. Saved $32,000 through better dealing.
Presented Policies of Supplier Agreements
Constructed a report about which suppliers are better than others and why we should deal with them. This report was completed by me alone and I presented it to the managers after many months of hard work. All technological supply system was rearranged by me.
- Customer Relations
- Public Relations
- Stock Awareness
- Budgeting and Control
- Deal and Agreements
- Business Plans
- Strategy and Planning
- Sales Management
- Supplier Networks
- Market Research
- Data Analysis
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Limited Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Was among the youngest procurement staff to finalize deals worth thousands.
- An innate ability to negotiate and amicably solve matters.
- A good student of operations and finance