Ravikiran Donthamsetty Project Manager, PMP certified, Canada PR Holder
PMP Certified, Seasoned, versatile IT professional with 12 years of Mainframe experience possessing a unique blend of technical and management skills equally suited for either type of position. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate productive interactions with clients, colleagues and superiors. I am dedicated, motivated and detail-oriented with a strong commitment to consistently delivering a quality product in a timely manner and a proven track record of meeting aggressive deadlines.
Project Manager (May 2009 to Present) 11 Years & 8 Months
• Led team in a RFP process thereby winning the proposal worth of 0.5 Million Euros. • Headed process improvement initiatives which helped achieving savings nearly Euro 150 K across BI and Mainframe projects thereby received Manager's Choice Award. • Presided process improvement initiatives which helped in bringing savings of $50 K.
Ebusinessware Inc - Client - Walgreens
Sr Software Engineer (Mar 2008 to Apr 2009) 1 Year & 1 Month
• Articulated project goals and scope, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) and worked along with team in achieving project milestones. • Determine whether the output file of one program that has been modified is used as input to another program and what modifications are required to the second program. In some cases, it was necessary to rearrange the data on a printed report in order for it to appear correctly in spite of the increased size. They would also need to update the JCL (Job Control Language) for any increased record lengths. • Worked on various enhancement and development activities like modifying 496 custom payroll COBOL programs to expand all fields as necessary to ensure that the programs continue to function properly and the output is correct.
Sr Software Engineer
Fidelity Investments (Oct 2005 to Feb 2008) 2 Years & 4 Months
• Designed and developed many COBOL, DB2 batch programs, based on business requirements. • Optimized various system processes and obtained saving worth of several thousand Dollars thereby awarded best performer of the year by the company. • Gathered business requirements; created design specifications; administered development and testing; provided on-call production support; received award for showing customer focus, bringing savings and completing critical data migration project in-time.
Software Engineer (Feb 2004 to Oct 2005) 1 Year & 8 Months
• Actively Participated in coding of CICS, COBOL and DB2 modules • Preparing unit test / system test plans for all programs • Unit testing of components through Expeditor
Symbiosis School of Distance Learning
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration(2004 - 2006)
Master of Computer Application(2000 - 2003)
MCA (Master of Computer Applications) is a three-year Professional Master Degree program in Computer Science. The objective behind MCA is to equip students with the latest technologies, tools and applications in IT and to meet the ever-growing requirement of IT professionals.
Bachelor of Computer Application(1997 - 2003)
Bachelor in computer application or (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer application.
Shell NL Project Manager
• Enable the project team to meet the needs of the corporation and stakeholders by progressively elaborating stakeholder and solution requirements throughout the project lifecycle. • Express requirements into a variety of meaningful documents for both technical and non-technical audiences throughout the life of the project. •Supervising IS professionals by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing regular feedback, counseling and yearly performance appraisal. •Managing team of 20 resources, performed yearly appraisal process, helped and motivated team to excel.
KBank Thailand Project Manager
• Consult with business stakeholders to review of current business issues/challenges, identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability. • Research and assess potential solutions to determine best fit to business need, identify gaps in solutions, and determine workarounds or potential changes to the solution. Generally focus within existing technical solutions, programs, or line of business. • Creation of business and technical solution documents to support key business decisions. •Implemented BABOK® and PMBOK® best practices while managing BI transformation project.
Akbank Turkey Project Manager
• Plan, facilitate and lead consultations and workgroups with internal and external stakeholders including Industry work groups, to gather, define, analyze and validate business, process, functional, and data requirements and business rules for products/services; • Proactively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders to gather, analyze information and functional requirements and develop business requirement documents; • Support Product Manager in recommendations for the design, development and implementation of new, enhanced or existing products, processes and services; • Provide on screen mock-ups or prototypes via presentation for user interface requirements and review with stakeholders to obtain buy-in; • Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions for Technology and other relevant stakeholders; • Review and approve QA test plans, develop UAT test plans and ensure acceptance criteria are met prior to releasing to our members
Claims Processing Re-architecture
The CPR2 (Claims Processing Re-architecture) Data Architecture project aims at modifying the TOPS application from the current VSAM file data architecture to DB2 data architecture. The Data Architecture (DA) project involves the development of various components that together allow the TOPS application to access data from a DB2 Database in both a Batch and CICS environment. The project will utilize a Veneer module approach developed to act as a link between the applications and data sources. Using the Veneer program approach, the application can access data from both VSAM and DB2 without additional changes to the application code. The Veneer program operates like a switch allowing control over the data source being accessed. The New DB2 architecture will consist of four main parts: Application code, I/O modules, DB2 Database and the Veneer module acting as the link between application code and the I/O modules.
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Time Management
- Information Technology
- Conflict Managment
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Logical Thinking
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
Certifications & Awards
- PMP Certified, PMP#-1765951
- Awarded Manager’s Choice Award in 2016
- Awarded Outstanding Performance Certificate in 2013