Ali Rehman Zaki QUALITY MANAGER
Quality and food safety management expert with nine years of experience working with world's top FMCG companies like Coca Cola, Unilever, Almarai and Mondelez International. I have extensive experience in managing quality in operations, commercial and supplier quality domains and well versed with compliance of ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, GMP and local regulations. I'm passionate about achieving high standards and coaching & developing people in quality. My goal is to leverage this experience, continue to deliver in challenging environment and lead a large scale team spanning across multiple locations or geographies.
Almarai Infant Nutrition Company KSA
Corporate Quality Audit & Compliance Manager (Sep 2016 to Mar 2018) 1 Year & 6 Months
• Development, implementation and compliance of systems and procedures relevant to Manufacturing, Operations, Warehousing, Retail & Medical Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Exports and R&D in align with Almarai Quality Systems, ISO 9001:2015, FSSC 22000, HACCP, CODEX and AIBI. • Managing co-packers and more than fifty plus suppliers and leading supplier approval and qualification of ingredients and packaging materials as per Almarai Supplier Quality Management guidelines. • Responsible for qualification of ingredients and packaging material in accordance with Almarai Supplier Management guidelines. • Responsible for development, approval and deployment of specification of ingredients, base powders, milk powders, infant milk formula and packaging materials. • Act as key point of contact for ingredients and Packaging materials quality and food safety subjects for infant formula division and drive supplier quality improvement plan with CPD Team. • Work with Central Procurement Department (CPD) in development of new suppliers for ingredient and packaging materials. • Responsible for development and regular review of Product Selling Specification (PSS) to help and support marketing, regulatory, exports and new business development team to register and promote products to new markets in GCC and outside GCC. • Act as Risk Management coordinator for Infant Nutrition Division and responsible for review and update of divisional risk register with all the stakeholders.
Unilever Pakistan Ltd.
Category Quality Manager (Mar 2014 to Sep 2016) 2 Years & 6 Months
• Implements Unilever specifications, standards and Quality Management System (QMS) for quality assurance and controls in alignment with applicable regulatory requirements for beverages category, includes Unilever own site and one 3rd Party Manufacturing site. • Deploys Unilever Quality strategy and goals through site specific projects and targets. • Responsible for decision making directly impacts consumer safety and quality of products in the market place with implications on reputation and brand equity. • Lead Quality Control Pillar of WCM and drive product quality improvement projects using WCM methodology. • Implements and update sites HACCP plan and pre‐requisite programs and ensures mitigation of consumer safety risks through HACCP validation and on‐going verification. • Leads for quality related category knowledge and understanding of requirements and ensures quality resource support to innovation trials in site. • Provides Quality leadership to influence category Q culture through activities to create passion for products and brands, visibility for quality.
Mondelez Pakistan Ltd.
Quality and Food Safety Officer (Jan 2011 to Mar 2014) 3 Years & 2 Months
• Supervise powdered beverages quality team and responsible for QCMS implementation within SC and responsible for QMS 9001:2008, FSSC 22000 and HACCP implementation at site. • HACCP and Sanitation coordinator for chocolates and beverages plant. • Provide support to R&D in on-going development projects (innovations/ renovations). • Act as key user for SAP Catalyst QM module.
Quality Manager (Multi-sites) (Apr 2018 to Present) 2 Years & 2 Months
• Develop strategy to implement the quality agenda based on the KORE guidelines of The Coca-Cola Company to provide consistent product quality for our consumers at marketplace. • Provide Quality expertise and ensure the manufacturing sites meets the rigorous standards of Coca-Cola CCI, The Coca-Cola Company, our customers and the relevant legal requirements. • Support investigations to ensure implemented management systems are compliant with ISO, KORE and other CCI standards at all the times. • Responsible for managing all the internal and external certifications i.e. KORE Audit by GAO, QMS, EMS, OH&S and FSSC 22000 along with compliance to all applicable local regulations. • Responsible for managing consumer and customer complaints along with implementation of corrective actions to ensure customer and consumer satisfaction on our systems and products. • Act as local point of contact for all local regulatory bodies and external stakeholders relevant to product, environment and safety. • Support investigations to ensure implemented management systems are compliant with ISO, KORE and other CCI standards at all the times. • Responsible for motivating, challenging and leading a team of people and ensuring that they are engaged and delivering to the best of their combined ability.
University of Karachi
Bachelors in Applied Chemistry (2007 - 2010)
Four years bachelor degree with specialization in Food Technology
Successfully reduction in cost per case of plant to 5.5% against Business Plan for 2018 and approx. 9% to PY 2017 through Optimized consumption of consumables, Identifying cheaper alternate sources for spares and services and Successfully negotiating prices for consumables with the help of Procurement Team.
Successful Performance in the Audits
Successfully cleared QSE Governance Audit by GAO (Global Audit Organization), Coca Cola Company and all ISO Audits (QMS, EMS, OH&S and FSSC) without any major non-conformity in a calendar year of 2018-19.
In aligned with Coca Cola Water Stewardship Program, Water Usage Ratio (WUR) has been reduced to 10% in 2018 as compared to PY through improved RO efficiencies, collecting reject waters for re-using as raw water which enables CCI Pakistan savings of 10 Mn PKR.
Ingredients Qualification for Infant Formula RTD Products
Managed stringent timeline of 3 months for negotiation with suppliers on specification agreement & sign-off of ingredients required for launch of new ready to drink infant formula products with arrangement of trial samples for material qualification at site. It also includes SFDA clearance and approval of the materials.
Worked jointly with UE team on Project Shift involving CAPEX of 12 Mn € which has the aim to replace obsolete technology of packing machines with core design complaint technology to improve product quality. Successfully delivered installation & commissioning of High Speed Line, integration of VFFS and Bradman Lake cartoning machine with mitigation of quality and food safety risk through DHACCP and achieved 99% CRQS for critical on-pack defects.
Project Big Bang
Led Global Project Big Bang from PK which has aim to harmonize and align SAP QM usage across all manufacturing sites of Unilever. Improved and sustained SAP QM KPIs status for all Pakistan sites.
- Quality Management System
- Food Safety
- Quality Auditing
- Supplier Management
- Project Management
- Regulatory Affairs
- Risk Management
- Training & Coaching
- Microsoft Office, Sharepoint
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
Training & Workshops
- Advance Food Safety Workshop by The Coca Cola Company in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Internal Auditing Course ISO 9001:2015 and FSSC 22000 from SGS Pakistan. Lead Auditor ISO 45001 OH&S Management System from SGS Pakistan Ltd.
- Advanced HACCP, Sanitary Design of Equipment and Sanitation Controls Training by Mondelez International, MEA, Dubai.