Joseph McDonald Sales Professional
Motivated and enthusiastic sales professional with a pleasant outlook and ability to sell with conviction. I have so far worked on numerous projects and made them a success. The reason for my success as a sales professional is that I truly believe in the products that I sell. Once you believe in something, convincing others is not a difficult task. However, I have learnt a great deal from my peers and customers and apply this knowledge to my work. Selling products requires more than just selling power. We need to analyze the market, assess customers, review products and find customers who will prove to be an asset. All this requires a lot of effort and consistency.
Fresh Fizz Beverages
Sales Professional (Jun 2013 to Present) 7 Years
• I am responsible for selling daily stock to supermarkets, shops and confectioners. • I have maintained good rapport with my clients and ensure timely deliveries of the stock every morning. • I constantly try to improve client base and take samples to restaurants, malls and other potential clients for sales. • My daily average sales are of more than $2000.
Green's Farm Products
Sales Professional (Feb 2005 to May 2013) 8 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for making daily sales to shops, grocers and super markets. • My daily goal was to sell the produce that was brought in. I maintained good relations with all the clients in order to sell all the produce as freshness and expiration of every product was extremely short and we needed daily sales to avoid any spoils. • I did a lot of study on potential market for farm products as there are several areas where people do not cook at home. • I found family neighborhood grocers and negotiated deals with them. I also found many delivery services to buy fruits and dairy products from us and fixed rates with them.
Sales Professional (Apr 2002 to Jan 2005) 2 Years & 9 Months
• I was responsible for finding customer base and selling the cosmetics in bulk. • Mostly my target customers were salons and spas, where I could sell the cosmetics in large quantities. • I was responsible for making plans and demonstration appointments. After the company became a little known, I also started selling to individual customers. • I have reached daily sales of up to $1800.00 which still remains a record.
Rowan Home Appliances
Salesman (Jan 1999 to Mar 2002) 3 Years & 2 Months
• I worked as a salesman and went to different shops and even individual customers to sell the home appliances and kitchen equipment produced at Rowan's. • My job included carrying at least four to five appliances and ensuring that I meet the daily sales target. • It was the toughest job yet it taught me a lot about approaching customers and negotiating with shopkeepers.
Diploma-Marketing(1997 - 1998)
A comprehensive course to understand the rules and goals of marketing.
BS (Business Management)(1995 - 1997)
Did not complete the degree.
High School(1992 - 1995)
A good student.
I joined Beth Cosmetics when it was a fairly new company and then worked on it with zeal and saw it become a known brand for make up and beauty accessories. I set the high sales standards with the company and was also rewarded for the high sales.
Salesman of the year
Became the best salesman of 2004. It was for raising the daily sales figures significantly.
- Customer Relations
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategy Development
- Product Analysis
- Customer Satisfaction
- Sales Management
- Sales Through Conviction
- Product Demonstration
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Marketing is an important part of selling.
- I chose marketing for a diploma course as it provided me with the knowledge and learning that is needed for increasing sales.
- I have been applying this knowledge and my sales figures have soared.