Abdul Azeem Shah Sr. Team Manager QC Lab, Lab Supervisor, Internal Auditor, Trainer, Lab equipment Coordinator
Skilled Chemist with over 18 years of experience in QC Lab functions; excellent interpersonal skills; good at managing work related issues; proficient in computer skills; capable at meeting deadlines , having great attitude towards work and peers. Experienced at lab budgeting, personnel training, equipment calibration, Lab Chemicals Inventory, Internal plant auditing (AIBI)
Senior Chemist (Feb 2014 to Jun 2019) 5 Years & 4 Months
• Analysis of Raw materials, Finished Good and Intermediates • Delegation of QC Lab Testing • Costing of QC Lab testing including chemicals and manpower, compilation of monthly in-house lab testing cost to other departments. • QC Lab Calibration Coordinator-Responsible for the in-house and outsourced calibration of QC Lab Equipment • Training Coordinator - Responsible for QC Lab Personnel Training as per approved training matrix • Method Development of QC Lab • Quality Assurance-Daily visits to the Canning line, RTD/RTF lines and Sachets line to make sure the adherence to the GMP Practices, adoption of right batch codes and good documentaion procedures.
Team Leader (Chemist) (Sep 2011 to Feb 2014) 2 Years & 5 Months
• Analysis-Analysis of FG,RM,Intermediates & water • Calibration-Responsible for calibration of Equipment in QC Lab • Inventory and ordering of chemicals and standards-Responsible for Inventory of chemicals for QC Lab • QC Lab Equipment Qualification- Coordinated for the QC Lab Equipment Qualification
OBS Pvt. Ltd (formerly Merck Sharpe & Dohme)
Chemist (Oct 2008 to Sep 2011) 2 Years & 11 Months
• Analysis- Lab based analysis on FG/RM and water • Calibration-calibration of Equipment • GLP and Good Documentation Practices-Helped maintain throughout the GLP and good documentation practices in Lab • Inventory of Chemicals-Responsible for Lab materials • Waste management of Lab based organic waste & leftover medicinal waste
Ahmed Foods Pvt.Ltd- Pakistan
Chemist (Oct 2005 to Jul 2007) 1 Year & 9 Months
• Analysis- Lab based analysis of Raw materials, finished goods and water • Internal audits-responsible for planned and unplanned audits of different departments inside the company • GLP and GMP-Active member to help maintain GLP and GMP inside the company
Opal Laboratoriesh Pvt. Ltd- Pakistan
Research Officer (Jan 2005 to Jul 2005) 6 Months
• Manufacturing- Manufacturing of Lab scale batches to study the required trends of the products • Preparation of dossiers-Responsible for the dossiers of medicines for export • Analysis-Involved in the analysis of the pilot batches • Real time stability data- involved in the gathering and compiling of real time stability data of different experimental and pilot batches aimed for the desired approved changes.
Almarai-Infant Nutrition Plant
Senior Team Manager (Jun 2019 to Present) 3 Years & 6 Months
• Mentoring Lab staff on line release, testing of raw materials, Packaging items, Ingredient water and finished goods (Infant formula-powder & liquid) • Routine Scheduling of Sensory Sessions through trained panel for sensory of Infant Formula powder and liquid, Investigation and complaint samples • Recipes/BOM checking and approval for upcoming production • Working on SAP S4 HANA-All transactions related to materials Inventory, Results entry, reviewing of results, Production Recipes, Work order creation, stock reconciliation • Budgeting of Lab resources, personnel, equipment and chemicals to meet yearly testing requirement of production volume, non- routine samples testing and environmental monitoring • Arranging pre-shipment approval of Ingredients (Europe origin) via testing in third party accredited laboratories • QC Lab Training Coordinator-Scheduling and conducting training of QC lab personnel & maintaining record. • Internal Auditor AIBI- Conducting Monthly AIBI audit to different areas as per shchedule
University of Karachi- Pakistan
Masters(2003 - 2004)
University of Karachi- Pakistan
B.Sc. (Chemistry,Bio-Chemistry & Microbiology)(2001 - 2002)
Alvi Homeopathic Medical College
D.H.M.S(2006 - 2010)
Installation Qualification of Sterile filing machine unit at OBS
Earned best performance Award on participation in successful qualification of filling unit
Qualification of Infant Nutrition Plant
IPNC Plant Qualification- extended full support in terms of analysis of Qualification batches with different formulations and analysis of the results towards successful qualification of the infant nutrition plant.
QC Lab Equipment Qualification and lab setting
Extended full support to Line Manager in setting lab equipment from the beginning towards successful qualification and smooth running of the equipment.
Change Control Procedure
Involvement and Responsibility for raising change request to cover the transient or permanent changes in BOM, Preparation of Trial Protocol to cover the changes and responsible for the required documentation thereafter.
Cost Saving Project
Participated actively and helped Line manager in Lab Costing Saving Project in terms of providing the realistic cost of tests and customization of analysis wherever required.
Lab Methods Transfer and methods Development and capability
Actively Participated in lab methods transfer from Mead Jhonson during initial stages of Lab Qualification and then transfer towards international standard methods based on AOAC, and food codex meeting local regulatory and international standards of testing infant nutritional ingredients and finished goods. Actively participated in new methods development and methods validation.
Implementation and provision of quality training for the development of peers and junior QC staff towards better understanding of Lab related activities and enhancement in learning towards smooth running of equipment and troubleshooting wherever required.
Implementation of Food safety management system 22000 at IPNC Plant
Actively participated as member of the HACCP team in terms of successful Implementation of FSMS 22000 in IPNC Plant and achieving the milestone of obtaining Food Safety System Certification for FSMS 22000.
Setting up of QC Lab related rapid methods
Actively worked along with line manager towards setting up rapid lab methods and achievement of testing cost saving and provision of timely and accurately results to help production meet their targets on time.
- Lab Testing
- Equipment Calibration
- Lab Chemicals Inventory
- Method Development/Validation
- Expertise in LIMS, Proleit
- Expertise on HPLC,GC/ICP-OEs etc,
- Working on SAPS4-HANA
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Full Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- 1) HACCP 2)FSMS & FSSC 22000 3)ISO 9001-2015 4)ISO/IEC 17025 certification 5.AIBI Lead Auditor
- 6)Certified Training on HPLC/GC, ICP-OES, LECO, NIR 7) Six Sigma Yellow Belt 8) Advance Leadership Training