Abdul Azeem Shah Chemist
A highly trained individual with over 13 years of experience; excellent interpersonal skills; can manage worker issues and able to resolve effectively; proficient in computer skills which makes work faster; ability to meet deadlines; great attitude towards work and ensures all standards are met I am seeking a dynamic position in an organization that will utilize my analytical, supervisory and management skills to benefit mutual growth and success and enable to cope up with global business challenges and exceed corporate goals.
Senior Chemist (Sr. Team Manager) (Feb 2014 to Present) 6 Years & 8 Months
• Analysis of Raw materials, Finished Good and Intermediates • Delegation of QC Lab Testing • Costing of QC Lab testing including chemicals and manpower, compilation of monthly in-house lab testing cost to other departments. • QC Lab Calibration Coordinator-Responsible for the in-house and outsourced calibration of QC Lab Equipment • Training Coordinator - Responsible for QC Lab Personnel Training as per approved training matrix • Method Development of QC Lab • Quality Assurance-Daily visits to the Canning line, RTD/RTF lines and Sachets line to make sure the adherence to the GMP Practices, adoption of right batch codes and good documentaion procedures.
Team Leader (Chemist) (Sep 2011 to Feb 2014) 2 Years & 5 Months
• Analysis-Analysis of FG,RM,Intermediates & water • Calibration-Responsible for calibration of Equipment in QC Lab • Inventory and ordering of chemicals and standards-Responsible for Inventory of chemicals for QC Lab • QC Lab Equipment Qualification- Coordinated for the QC Lab Equipment Qualification
OBS Pvt. Ltd (formerly Merck Sharpe & Dohme)
Chemist (Oct 2008 to Sep 2011) 2 Years & 11 Months
• Analysis- Lab based analysis on FG/RM and water • Calibration-calibration of Equipment • GLP and Good Documentation Practices-Helped maintain throughout the GLP and good documentation practices in Lab • Inventory of Chemicals-Responsible for Lab materials • Waste management of Lab based organic waste & leftover medicinal waste
Ahmed Foods Pvt.Ltd- Pakistan
Chemist (Oct 2005 to Jul 2007) 1 Year & 9 Months
• Analysis- Lab based analysis of Raw materials, finished goods and water • Internal audits-responsible for planned and unplanned audits of different departments inside the company • GLP and GMP-Active member to help maintain GLP and GMP inside the company
Opal Laboratoriesh Pvt. Ltd- Pakistan
Research Officer (Jan 2005 to Jul 2005) 6 Months
• Manufacturing- Manufacturing of Lab scale batches to study the required trends of the products • Preparation of dossiers-Responsible for the dossiers of medicines for export • Analysis-Involved in the analysis of the pilot batches • Real time stability data- involved in the gathering and compiling of real time stability data of different experimental and pilot batches aimed for the desired approved changes.
University of Karachi- Pakistan
Masters(2003 - 2004)
University of Karachi- Pakistan
B.Sc. (Chemistry,Bio-Chemistry & Microbiology)(2001 - 2002)
Installation Qualification of Sterile filing machine at OBS
Played active role in Qualification of the filling machine and nomination for best performance award/certificate on successful qualification.
Qualification of Infant Nutrition Plant
IPNC Plant Qualification- extended full support in terms of analysis of Qualification batches with different formulations and analysis of the results towards successful qualification of the infant nutrition plant.
Achievement in terms of QC Lab Equipment Qualification and lab setting
Extended full support to Line Manager in setting lab equipment from the beginning towards successful qualification and smooth running of the equipment.
Change Control Procedure
Involvement and Responsibility for raising change request to cover the transient or permanent changes in BOM, Preparation of Trial Protocol to cover the changes and responsible for the required documentation thereafter.
Cost Saving Project
Participated actively and helped Line manager in Lab Costing Saving Project in terms of providing the realistic cost of tests and customization of analysis wherever required.
Lab Methods Transfer and methods Development and capability
Actively Participated in lab methods transfer from Mead Jhonson during initial stages of Lab Qualification and then transfer towards international standard methods based on AOAC, and food codex meeting local regulatory and international standards of testing infant nutritional ingredients and finished goods. Actively participated in new methods development and methods validation.
Implementation and provision of quality training for the development of peers and junior QC staff towards better understanding of Lab related activities and enhancement in learning towards smooth running of equipment and troubleshooting wherever required.
Implementation of Food safety management system 22000 at IPNC Plant
Actively participated as member of the HACCP team in terms of successful Implementation of FSMS 22000 in IPNC Plant and achieving the milestone of obtaining Food Safety System Certification for FSMS 22000.
Quality related Skills set and ISO trainings
Received almost all the important quality related ISO training on FSMS 22000, ISO 9001-2015, AIBI lead auditor course, ISO 17025 lead auditor accreditation course, HACCP Certification course etc.,
Setting up of QC Lab related rapid methods
Actively worked along with line manager towards setting up rapid lab methods and achievement of testing cost saving and provision of timely and accurately results to help production meet their targets on time.
- Calibration of Lab Equipments
- Lab Chemicals costing/budget
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Full Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- AIB, ISO 9001-2008,FSMS 22000-2005, HACCP, ISO 17025
- Decision Making & Creative Problem Solving,Time Management
- HPLC/GC Agilent Certified training, ICP-OES, LECO, NIR On-job courses