Paul Hodgson Sushi Chef
I am a dedicated chef with passion of cooking and creating new things. I specialize in sushi making and have a sound record of working in some of the best restaurants of the city. I have made a place among the best due to my passion and will to do something different that everyone remembers. I wish to run my own eatery and create new items for people to try.
Sushi Chef (Jun 2010 to Present) 12 Years & 5 Months
• Responsible for preparation of fresh and hygienic food using the best quality of ingredients. • I also look after the fresh seafood deliveries and it is solely my duty to return or use any particular food item based on quality. • I set the menus and arrange for the kitchen service shifts. I supervise and check all the dishes, especially those related to my specialty like seafood and sushi. • I am constantly experimenting with new types of sushi sauces and preparing the rolls for guests who come in from all over the city and abroad.
Japanese Big Apple
Sushi Chef (Feb 2004 to May 2010) 6 Years & 3 Months
• I was responsible for creating variations to the typical dish that I prepared. • It was my duty to prepare a certain number of sushi rolls with different types of stales. • I also ventured in different seafood dishes and created several items on the menu.
Sushi Chef (Apr 1998 to Jan 2004) 5 Years & 9 Months
• I was responsible for preparing sushi for Japanese day at the restaurant. • I prepared the rolls and sauces and they were checked by the senior chef and only after approval were the items taken for service. • I was responsible for ensuring that all fresh ingredients were used and our sauces remained exclusively different and special.
Sushi Chef-Assistant (Jan 1992 to Mar 1998) 6 Years & 2 Months
• I learnt most about the responsibilities of a chef here. • I was responsible for choosing the fresh food items for sushi and other seafood dishes preparation. • I was also responsible for following the chef's instructions to ensure that good quality delicious food was prepared.
Culinary Arts College
Diploma-Chef(1989 - 1991)
A thorough course for learning how to become chef.
High School Diploma(1987 - 1989)
A good student.
I was awarded for reducing the cost of meals by opting for freshly grown vegetables.
I was awarded for creating different sauces that belonged to the Bistro alone. This added to the number of customers who came especially to try the sushi.
- Ingredient Check
- Sushi Roll Preparation
- Fish Processing
- Sauce Creation
- Customer Satisfaction
- Alterations and Experimenting
- Service and Presentation
- Team Building
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I am a passionate photographer and that is why I tried food photography as well.
- So far I have taken several photographs and have also sent some of my photographs for printing on the menu.