Rick Hanson Travel Nurse
Responsible and devoted nurse working in a substance abuse rehabilitation center. I am hard working and extremely helpful, always ready to advocate the patient and their families when it comes to care and treatment. I have never compromised on the patient's health no matter which department of health I work for. I always try to lend a helping hand to patients and ensure that their families do not feel stressed either. I wish to serve humanity in the best way possible.
Catholic Church Hospital
Travel Nurse (Jun 2013 to Present) 9 Years & 6 Months
• I am a senior travel nurse and work in different departments of the hospital. I ensure that all nursing staff is disciplined and is following the routine explained. • I also administer medications and supervise nurses in order to train them. I remain present when the attendants of patients come so that any queries may be answered. • My primary focus is on the health of the patient and the comfort of their families. I coordinate with doctors and assure the families that the best method of treatment is given.
Travel Nurse (Feb 2011 to May 2013) 2 Years & 3 Months
• I was responsible for handling the new staff and making sure they quickly learn the ethics and regulations of the profession. • It was my duty to know the techniques essential for treating patients of head injuries or other issues where bleeding was not involved. • I also worked with coma patients and was equipped to handle delicate matters. I was also responsible for handling the daily duties like giving medicines, maintaining records and correspondence with the doctor.
Travel Nurse (Apr 2009 to Jan 2011) 1 Year & 9 Months
• I was responsible for maintaining a united and uniform nursing team that worked in the cardiac department. • I was a circulatery nurse therefore somedays I was also assigned to the surgical ward. I ensured that the whole area was sterilized and clean and all attendants followed the rules of entering the ward. • I was a part of several healthcare teams that helped me understand and implement methods to ensure the best solutions and treatment plans for patients.
Travel Nurse (Jan 2004 to Mar 2009) 5 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for working besides the families of patients and answering their queries in order to calm them and make them feel at ease. • I was also responsible for taking care of the patient's health and ensuring that the nursing staff was always alert and attentive. • It was my duty to organize Staff events to appreciate and motivate them.
Diploma-Nursing and Hospital Administration(2001 - 2003)
A course to understand the basics of Nursing and Hospital Administration.
High School(1999 - 2001)
I was able to handle surgery with the surgical doctors' team It was an emergency case on Christmas Day and I was called in for support. I felt appreciated and worth a lot just because I was able to help the doctors and of course the patient.
- Patient Care
- Environment Care
- Nurse Team Routines
- Surgical Ward Etiquette
- Equipment Usage
- Patient Bedside Support
- Team Support
- Managing Records
- Updating Patient Records
- Computer Proficiency
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I train young nurses and ensure that the motto of the hospital and service to people remains kindled among all those who enter the profession.
- So far I have trained several nurses who are assigned to different departments in the hospital but maintain work ethics.