Sylvester John Veterinary Receptionist
871 222 1156
Welcoming, understanding and responsible veterinary receptionist with experience of management and customer service. Hardworking and extremely diligent in clinic management and pet services. Seeking work with a veterinary hospital that serves pets and their owners with care and understanding. My experience and skills can be used to provide better services while maintaining efficient functionality and clinic ethics.
Veterinary Receptionist (Jun 2011 to Present) 9 Years & 4 Months
• I take calls and book appointments. It is my duty to greet all patients and take down their present complain. • I look after the payments and reciepts and ensure that all accounts are maintained. • I handle mails, phone calls and also supervise the cleaning staff. It is my responsibility to look after the reception area and ensure that it is neat and presentable.
Veterinary Receptionist (Feb 2005 to May 2011) 6 Years & 3 Months
• Responsible for greeting patients and their owners and ensuring that all appointments were taken without much wait. • I was responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy reception area. I looked after the staff and made sure that the clinic was neat and sterlizied. • It was my duty to update records and maintain discipline in the accounts section. Receiving payments and paying bills was also part of my duty.
Veterinary Receptionist (Apr 2000 to Jan 2005) 4 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for looking after the schedule of patients and booking appointments accordingly. • It was my duty to note down and record every patient's history and present conditions. All regular patient records were to be uploaded in the database. • I was responsible for assisting the doctor in the emergency if it was required. This trained me for pet first aid.
Paws and Jaws Clinic
Veterinary Receptionist (Jan 1996 to Mar 2000) 4 Years & 2 Months
• Responsible for booking appointments on the phone and managing the doctor's schedule according to the number of ptients. • Greeting patients and their owners with a pleasant smile was part of my duty. • I ensured that the appointments and emergency visits were dealt with efficiency and all patients' records were ready before the doctor met them.
School of Business
Diploma Business Management(1995 - 1997)
A good student.
High School(1992 - 1994)
A good student.
Took appointments for the vaccination week, which was dedicated to only vaccinations and emergency calls. Managing all the pets was a task that I performed well.
Shifted all payments to computer database and maintained all records.
- Customer Relations
- Maintaining Records
- Vaccination Books
- Pet Checks
- Explaining Medication
- Welcoming Personality
- Staff Supervision
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Attended veterinary first aid class.
- Attended course for customer service.