John Rogers Trade Assistant
Very responsible and experienced trade assistant with the zeal and passion to move forward and take charge of the position. I have been working as an assistant, working on different projects related to cargo and planning. I wish to work as a trade assistant with an established company that deals with all kinds of shipments and faces challenges that can be handled with my skill and expertise.
Bay Area Cargo
Trading Assistant (Jun 2014 to Present) 9 Years & 8 Months
• I handle all the trade cargo and see to it that the appropriate amount of cargo is loaded in vessels. • I maintain logs and also communicate with the custom officials for clearing of cargo. • I keep a check on all the companies who require cargo service and present services to them to increase customer base.
Trade Assistant (Feb 2008 to May 2014) 6 Years & 3 Months
• My duties included thorough study of the trading policies of the countries with which we were in business. • I handled the liaison with officials involved. I also handled the tax payments and rebates. • At the office, I was in charge of attending phone calls and answering queries of the customers.
Abbott Mead Vickers
Trading Assistant (Apr 2002 to Jan 2008) 5 Years & 9 Months
• I was responsible for handling the reports of cargo shipment of the company. I handled all communication with the customs department as well. • I was in charge of handling the bookings and then managing the space usage. • I personally visited the site and supervised the loading of freight as well. I met with the port superintendent and got approvals for cargo.
Freight Intern (Jan 1999 to Mar 2002) 3 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for writing reports on all the vessels that left the port through the freight company. • I maintained lists of trading commodities that the company dealt with and made payment drafts for the customer companies. • My job included learning the software used for tracking the company vessels and their contents.
BS (Business Management)(1994 - 1998)
A good student.
High School Diploma(1992 - 1994)
A good student.
I successfully communicated with the different companies and U.S. cargo department to transport goods legally and without any delays.
Used communication skills to maintain good rapport with the officials involved in cargo shipments. Also managed to get tax rebate on several shipments.
- Cargo Information
- Trade Knowledge
- Capacity Utilization
- Time Management
- Profitable Trading
- Team Work
- Detailed Study
- Business Knowledge
- Data Analysis
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Learnt to work on special software to study cargo shipments.
- Also understood the full working of a freight company and database updating.