Ugonna Chidinma Ishionwu Human rights and International relations Specialist
A very passionate professional on social justice and gender equity with 4+years experience in legal administration and advocacy. Also, I've engaged in successful human rights and gender equality research over the years, hence, my speciality in human rights laws and international relations.
Granville Abibo SAN & CO
Legal Associate (Jun 2014 to Aug 2016) 2 Years & 2 Months
• Earned respect and trusts of clients due to successful legal advocacy in courts. • Handled Appeal briefs on recondite issues of human rights law within few years of professional experience, arising from the quality of research work • Drafted Preliminary Objections and applications on issues of law that successfully ended the litigation in favor of clients.
GRANVILLE ABIBO SAN & CO
Legal Intern (Feb 2013 to May 2014) 1 Year & 3 Months
• Drafted court processes for litigation such as appeal briefs and endorsing files and statements. • Introduced a global perspective to research on human rights by comparing the local laws to foreign laws that led to a full-time employment offer.
Ministry of Justice, Port Harcourt State, Nigeria
State Counsel (Dec 2012 to Oct 2013) 10 Months
• Represented the state in civil disputes against others in court. • Participated in community development service by providing free legal aid to poor citizens
Tonye Ibisiki & Partners, Nigeria
Law School Extern (May 2012 to Jun 2012) 1 Months
• Observed court proceedings and performed administrative duties such as endorsing files, drafting letters, and legal research. • Drafted legal documents such as motions, and legal correspondences
University of Massachusetts, Boston
MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (2015 - 2017)
NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL
BARRISTER AT LAW (B.L) (2011 - 2012)
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CROSSRIVER, NIGERIA
BACHELOR OF LAW (L.L.B) (2008 - 2011)
Member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
Member of the Local Organizing Committee, Port Harcourt Chapter, Nigerian Bar Association Conference
2014 and 2015
Academic Excellence in International Relations
May 2017 -UMASS Boston
Leadership Development Initiative Training
January 28-29 2017, Episcopal Divinity School, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Leadership Development Training
August 2004, Man O War Camp, Aluu, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Microsoft Office
- Interpretation of complex laws
- legal research
- Complex negotiations with tact
- legal precedents and court cases
- Developing investigation plans
- Recommending resolutions
- Conducting field interviews
Date of Birth