Melinda Ferris Hotel Accountant
Vigilant and extremely dedicated to keeping accounts at hotels. I have been working in the customer service business for a long time and the attention and detail oriented work needed for this kind of a set up is my expertise. I have worked hard to maintain account books and handle monthly payments with clear balance and accuracy. I wish to work in a more challenging situation.
Hotel Accountant (Jun 2013 to Present) 9 Years & 8 Months
• I look after the daily payments and received cash in order to update the hotel journals. I also check all the receipts and card payment history to tally the hotel account with the money paid and received. • I am responsible for finding new ways to improve business and efficiently record all the money flow. • I am also in charge of handling monthly accounts and salary accounts. All payments and receipts are balanced off at the end of each month and a financial report is written out in detail by me.
The Royal Elephant
Hotel Accountant (Feb 2011 to May 2013) 2 Years & 3 Months
• I was responsible for handling monthly salary accounts and maintaining the check on all hotel accounts. • I kept all payment and receipt journals updated and monitored the accounts receivable, payable and handled the budgets as well.
Sir's English Hotel
Hotel Accountant (Apr 2009 to Jan 2011) 1 Year & 9 Months
• I was responsible for looking after the account journals. I was in charge of keeping a check on all the payables and receipts. • All card payments and payments made to vendors were also taken care of by me. • I was in charge of maintainng the budget and giving money as monthly expense to the kitchen in charge and the inventory managers.
London Eye Motel
Hotel Accountant (Jan 2003 to Mar 2009) 6 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for keeping a check on all payments. It was my duty to look after the accounts and update books of the hotel. • I was also in charge of handling the work that was related with budget setting. It included keeping a price list of all the necessities of the hotel. • I was responsible for keeping monthly salary accounts in check as well.
Euro Business School
BS (Accounts)(1998 - 2002)
A good student.
GCE Advanced Level(1997 - 1998)
Subjects Accounts, Mathematics. Grade A.
I was appreciated for maintaining a good budget and ensuring an increase in employee productivity through annual bonus implementation.
I was given an accountant award for efficiently maintaining the books at the motel for more than five years.
- Customer Relations
- Maintaining Books
- Payable Records
- Recording Received Payments
- Balance Sheets
- Financial Statements
- Pricing and Salaries
- Analytical Accounting
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- At the London Eye Motel, I was trained by the chief accountant before I officially began service.
- It was a comprehensive training which included budgeting as well.