Frida Cohn Mortgage Underwriter
Experienced mortgage underwriter with analytical skills. I have been approving loans and mortgages after thorough inspections and case studies. Detail-oriented and extremely meticulous in my work, I make sure that my work and responsibilities are completed on time and done properly. I have studied law and have worked as a banker, which enhances my abilities to follow the right procedures for mortgage acceptances. I have always delivered accurate research work and determine eligibility after a long procedure. I wish to maintain my quality of work and improve with every task.
Pan American Mortgage
Mortgage Underwriter (Jun 2013 to Present) 10 Years
• I am responsible for regularly reviewing applications and getting verifications done. • I calculate the applicants' debt to income ratios. • It is my job to remain aware of the changing rules and regulations to ensure legal loan facilities. • I also look after the assessments of property and time settlement with applicants.
Country Development Bank
Mortgage Underwriter (Feb 2009 to May 2013) 4 Years & 3 Months
• I was responsible for reviewing the applications and completing all the assessment of property available for mortgage. • I was also responsible for determining the eligibility for loan based on tax returns and regular income.
Mortgage Department- U.S. Bank
Mortgage Report Maker (Apr 2003 to Jan 2009) 5 Years & 9 Months
• I started work as a data collector who compiled reports of mortgage applicants. • My job included gathering information and getting assessments done before presenting the final case to the mortgage underwriter. • I was also responsible for verifying the documents and ensuring that the applicants presented genuine paperwork.
West American Bank
Corporate Banker (Jan 2001 to Mar 2003) 2 Years & 2 Months
• I worked as a corporate assistant. My responsibilities included meeting with client companies and discussing different packages. • I was also responsible for weekly correspondence with the client company representatves. • I received and answered calls and questions of the clients and satisfied their requirements in the best possible way.
Bachelors-Finance(1995 - 1999)
A good student.
St. Helen High School
High School(1992 - 1995)
An active student with special interest in mathematics, accounts and law.
Law and Banking
Property and possession laws
I have studied law and interned at a law firm which has consolidated my style of research. It has also been an advantage in determining the value of assets and applying the right values to determine approval.
After high school and before starting Bachelors I interned at a Parker & Collins Law firm where I worked for three months. It was a good experience.
Interest in Law
I participated in American Law classes actively and was a keen law student in high school. I could not pursue it further due to selection of different subjects in college. However, it helped me with my banking career later on.
- Detailed Researching
- Analytical Approach
- Question Preparation
- Thorough Checking
- Portfolio Observation
- Asset Calculation
- Loan Approval
- Property Assessment
- Rigid Discipline
- Rules and Regulations
- Data Analysis
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Full Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I have been a corporate banker for several years due to which I have contacts in several offices.
- I use my resources correctly and effectively for tasks such as property assessments and verifications.
- It has provided me with the analytical approach and insight that helps me make better decisions.