Donna Timone Fashion Buyer
871 222 1156
Insightful and extremely detail oriented, with the ability to foresee fashion trends and color selections for seasons. Experience in market research and communication with vendors in order to make purchases and maintain long term relation. I have been a fashion buyer with a good sense of fashion trends and designer psychology. I possess the ability to select items that prove to be profitable and in demand. Seeking work for an organization with international clientele, in order to learn more about global fashion.
Modern Girls Apparel
Fashion Buyer (Jun 2016 to Present) 4 Years & 4 Months
• Primarily responsible for coordinating with vendors and sales representatives all over the country. • I am in charge of attending all fashion shows and fairs so that future trends and current favorites of women can be understood. • I look after smooth deliveries and negotiate on company terms so that every transaction is profitable.
Betty Junior Fashion Co.
Fashion Buyer (Feb 2011 to May 2016) 5 Years & 3 Months
• Was responsible for attending conferences and industry fairs in order to understand the latest trends. • Focused on Kids Apparel and had to maintain amicable terms with vendors and ensure speedy delivery of purchased fashion goods. • I was also responsible for negotiating and holding meetings with vendors to discuss order details. It was my duty to remain abreast of the current trends and be able to foresee future trends and make purchases accordingly.
Future of Fashion
Fashion Buyer (Apr 2006 to Jan 2011) 4 Years & 9 Months
• Responsible for maintaining good relations with vendors and negotitating terms while purchasing materials and accessories. • I was responsible for keeping a record of previous sales in order to assess how much material and fashion items will be required for future productions. • It was my duty to remain aware of the international and local trends so that future trends could be anticipated.
M&J Fashions Inc.
Assistant Fashion Buyer (Jan 2002 to Mar 2006) 4 Years & 2 Months
• Found suppliers and made deals to buy stock for the whole season. I worked with the fashion buyer in order to understand the job better. • I was responsible for finding new vendors. It was my duty to understand the market trends and demand of various fashion items, according to which orders were prepared.
Diploma Retail Management(1999 - 2001)
Learned the retail side of fashion.
Bachelors Art and Design(1995 - 1999)
A good student with interest in fashion design.
High School(1995 - 1997)
A good student.
Vendor Panel Maintained
With experience in the industry, I have been able to create contacts with worldwide vendors and they have personal relations with me. Therefore, wherever I work, I use my own vendor base along with the company's vendors to find the best possible purchase.
Created a Fashion Society
Organized a seminar for all vendors and industry drivers to come together and discuss the future of fashion.
- Customer Relations
- Vendor Relations
- Designer Relations
- Market Research
- Fashion Awareness
- Fabric Identification
- Networking within Market
- Retail Management
- Fashion Analysis
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Professional Working Proficiency
Date of Birth
- Learned French and Italian in order to understand the fashion magazines published in the European fashion capitals.
- Attended overseas seminars and conferences about use of leather and international animal skin policies.