Sarah Malone Director of Career Services
Counselling service is a fairly tough field as it requires focus and the ability to stray abreast of the changing requirements and competition for leading universities and among the different departments of the college. I am a hard working and attentive director of counselling services and not only do I keep a check on the affairs of students but also manage my own administrative duties. I wish to work for the students in a more effective way and ensure that they get the kind of career opportunities that they deserve.
Director of Counselling Service (Jun 2013 to Present) 10 Years & 6 Months
• I look after the administration of the counsellors and maintain discipline and check. • I am responsible for working with the students and helping them get better grads, adjust in classes and cope with stress. • I am also in charge of student behavior and for that I have to keep confidential records and regular sessions with students to understand their state of mind and work plans.
Placement Counsellor (Feb 2011 to May 2013) 2 Years & 3 Months
• Ensured a 90% employment offer for the graduating class of 2014. • I was responsible for working with the students and helped them decide the subects according to their interests. • I was also in charge of keeping a disciplinary check on the mentors and counsellors. I often conducted sessions with students to see they were working in the right direction.
Career Counselor (Apr 2003 to Jan 2010) 6 Years & 9 Months
• I was responsible for report reading of all the students' performance in class. I helped students choose subjects according to their interests. • For this purpose, i launched a lot of interesting workshops and helped students make their mind and enjoy their choice. • I also supervised the student-mentor sessions and kept a check on the team of mentors as well.
Mentor (Jan 1997 to Mar 2003) 6 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for meeting with students and getting to know them personally. • I was also in charge of suggesting different subjects for college applicants. • I helped with application and my duties included writing recommendations.
BS (Education)(1992 - 1996)
A good student.
High School Diploma(1990 - 1992)
A good student.
We launched a special program by the name of College Harmony that included students who wanted to share their interests and learn more about the subjects other students were studying. This created a general introduction in every student's mind and they knew which subject was of their interest.
I was the mentor for college applications in a high school. As my first job, I did well and met several students at a later job. Mentoring involved checking applications, writing recommendations and also assisting students in subject selection for under graduate programs.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Psychology Basics
- Subject Understanding
- College Subjects Information
- Student Communication
- Staff Handling
- Record Updating
- Career Seminars
- Graduate Class Communication
- Examination Supervision
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I have arranged several seminars at different colleges where I worked.
- I ensure that every student has a fair decision idea about the subjects to choose.
- I assist on-campus as well as with job decisions for the under graduates.