Robin Foster Teaching Assistant
Passionate about teaching and imparting the knowledge that I have. I have been a teaching assistant throughout my college life and it has given me the confidence and skilled required to make students understand the subject and grasp the new concept taught. I have been a teaching assistant for 8 years and so far it has taught me a lot as well. I am hard working and ensure that I follow the teacher's instructions well while being involved with the students and building a good relationship with them so that they can feel comfortable and discuss their issues with me.
Teaching Assistant (Jun 2015 to Present) 6 Years & 6 Months
• I am the economics, business and statistics teaching assistant. • I attend lectures and help students understand the principles of the subjects. It is my duty to ensure that all students understand the subjects and in case of any query regarding assignments and projects, may turn to me for help. • I maintain individual student files and they are confidential and can be shared only with the students.
Teaching Assistant (Feb 2013 to May 2014) 1 Year & 3 Months
• Spent one academic year at the college and taught the senior class principles of economics. • My responsibilities included assigning projects, discussions and attendance check. • I sat during the lecture and often paid attention to each student's questions to see how well they understood the subject. In case someone didn't understand, I would hold individual lessons.
Pythagoras Department of Economics-State university
Teaching Assistant (Apr 2009 to Jan 2013) 3 Years & 9 Months
• I worked here for four years as economics TA. My duties included the handling of class reports and ensuring that all students grasped the concepts well. • I held group discussions and also counseled the students who could not understand the subject. • My duties included assignments, class projects and result tabulation.
Teaching Assistant (Jan 2006 to Mar 2009) 3 Years & 2 Months
• I was responsible for handling students in the class and helping them understand the different concepts of economics and business. • I was also responsible to ensure that all students were at par and understood the lectures. I designed assignments and discussed the projects with the students. • My job was to carry out the instructions by the professor. I filed the results and performance reports of students in a confidential manner.
MBA (Marketing)(2003 - 2005)
BS (Business Management)(1999 - 2003)
A good student.
High School(1997 - 1999)
A good student
I helped the senior class with economics and business studies. The whole class scored brilliantly on the external examinations.
I was awarded the Best TA by the class of 2009. It was a humbling feeling.
- Interpersonal Relations
- Subject Knowledge
- Assignment Preparation
- Lecture Following
- Student Relations
- Class Discipline
- Teaching and Explaining
- Report Making
- Presentations and Assignments
Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Date of Birth
- I was recently asked to judge the intercollegiate presentations for marketing students in the undergraduate program.
- It was a good experience as I was chosen due to my own presentation skills being good.
- However, the whole event made me learn a lot about students.